ACCT 505 Final Exam Guide (New) Set 3
This Tutorial was purchased 3 times & rated B+ by student like you.
This Tutorial contains following Attachments
- ACCT 505 Final Exam Guide (New) Set 3.docx
(TCO E) Preparing purchase orders is a(n) (Points : 5)
organization sustaining activity.
2. (TCO G) Given the following data, what would ROI be?
Net operating income $10,000
Contribution margin $20,000
Average operating assets $50,000
Stockholder's equity $25,000
(Points : 5)
3. (TCO C) Heckaman Corporation produces and sells a single product. Data concerning that product appear below.
Selling price per unit $115.00
Variable expense per unit $56.35
Fixed expense per month $299,115
4. TCO B) Industrial Supply Corporation uses the weighted-average method in its process costing system. Data concerning the first processing department for the most recent month are listed below.
Work in process, beginning:
Units in beginning work in process inventory 400
Materials costs $6,900
Conversion costs $2,500
Percent complete for materials 80%
Percent complete for conversion 15%
5. (TCO D) Topple Company produces a single product. Operating data for the company and its absorption costing income statement for the last year are presented below.
Units in beginning inventory 0
Units produced 9,000
Units sold 7,000
Variable manufacturing costs are $4 per unit. Fixed manufacturing overhead totals $18,000 for the year. The fixed manufacturing overhead was applied at a rate of $2 per unit. Variable selling and administrative expenses were $1 per unit sold.
Required: Prepare a new income statement for the year using variable costing. Comment on the differences between the absorption costing and the variable costing income statements. (Points : 30)
6. (TCO I) (Ignore income taxes in this problem.) Simpson Beauty Products Corporation is considering the production of a new conditioning shampoo that will require the purchase of new mixing machinery. The machinery will cost $700,000, is
Part A: What is the net present value of this investment opportunity?
Part B: Based on your answer to (a) above, should Simpson go ahead with the new conditioning shampoo? (Points : 30)
Simpson should not go ahead and purchase the shampoo machine since the NPV is negative.
7. (TCO A) The following data (in thousands of dollars) have been taken from the accounting records of Karmana Corporation for the just-completed year.
8. (TCO F) Matuseski Corporation is preparing its cash budget for October. The budgeted beginning cash balance is $54,000. Budgeted cash receipts total $127,000 and budgeted cash disbursements total $99,000. The desired ending cash balance is $100,000. The company can borrow up to $150,000 at any time from a local bank, with interest not due until the following month.
Required: Prepare the company's cash budget for October in good form. Make sure to indicate what borrowing, if any, would be needed to attain the desired ending cash balance. (Points : 25)
9. (TCO F) Bella Lugosi Holdings, Inc. (BLH), has collected the following operating information for its current month's activity. Using this information, prepare a flexible budget analysis to determine how well BLH performed in terms of cost control.
Actual Costs Incurred Static Budget
Activity level (in units) 5,250 5,178
Indirect materials $24,182 $23,476
Utilities $22,356 $22,674
Administration $63,450 $65,500
Rent $65,317 $63,904
(Points : 25)
10. (TCO H) Lindon Company uses 10,000 units of Part Y each year as a component in the assembly of one of its products. The company is presently producing Part Y internally at a total cost of $100,000 as follows.
Direct materials............................................... $20,000
Direct labor...................................................... 40,000
Variable manufacturing overhead...................... 16,000
Fixed manufacturing overhead.......................
An outside supplier has offered to provide Part Y at a price of $10 per unit. If Lindon stops producing the part internally, one third of the fixed manufacturing overhead would be eliminated.
11. (TCO B) Wahr Corporation bases its predetermined overhead rate on the estimated labor hours for the upcoming year. At the beginning of the most recently completed year, the company estimated the labor hours for the upcoming year at 35,000. The estimated variable manufacturing overhead was $7.25 per labor hour and the estimated total fixed manufacturing overhead was $585,000. The actual labor hours for the year turned out to be 33,000.
Write a reviewOrder Id
Order Id will be kept Confidential
Rating: A B C D F
Enter the code in the box below:
ACCT 505 Course Project 2 Hampton Company Capital Budgeting Decision Hampton Company: The production department has been investigating possible ways to trim total production costs. One possibility currently being examined is to make the cans instead of pur..
Question : (TCO D) Return on investment (ROI) is equal to the margin multiplied by 2. Question : (TCO D) For which of the following decisions are opportunity costs relevant? The decision to make or buy a needed part The desision to keep or drop a product line (A) Y..
COURSE PROJECT 1 INSTRUCTIONS You have just been contracted as a budget consultant by LBJ Company, a distributor of bracelets to various retail outlets across the country. The company has done very little in the way of budgeting and at certain times of the year has experienced a shortage of c..
1. Question : (TCO A) Wages paid to an assembly line worker in a factory are a 2. Question : (TCO A) A cost incurred in the past that is not relevant to any current decision is classified as a(n) 3. Question : (TCO A) Depreciation of office buildings and office equ..
Springfield Express is a luxury passenger carrier in Texas. All seats are first class, and the following data are available: Number of seats per passenger train car 90 Average load factor (percentage of seats filled) 70% Average full passenger fare $160 Average variabl..
1. Question : (TCO F) For which situation(s) below would an organization be more likely to use a job-order costing system of accumulating product costs rather than a process costing system? 2. Question : (TCO F) Process costing would be appropriate for each of the following ex..
Top Switch Inc. designs and manufactures switches used in telecommunications. Serious flooding throughout the state of Tennessee affected Top Switch’s facilities. Inventory was completely ruined, and the company’s computer system, including all accounting records, was destroyed. Before the u..
Week 1DQ 1 Cost Terms, Classifications, and Behavior Week 1DQ 2 Research and Application Week 2DQ 1 Job Order and Process Costing Systems Week 2DQ 2 Research and Application Week 3DQ 1 Variable Costing and CVP Concepts Week 3DQ 2 Research and Application Week 4DQ 1 Budgeti..
ACCT 505 Final Exam ..
ACCT 505 Week 1-7 All Discussion Questions ACCT 505 Week 1 Case Study ACCT 505 Week 2 Quiz Job Order and Process Costing Systems ACCT 505 Week 2 Quiz Set 2 ACCT 505 Week 3 Case Study II ACCT 505 Week 4 Midterm Exam ACCT 505 Week 5 Course Project 1 LBJ Company (New) ACC..
Multiple Choice 10 9 Essay 4 Question 1. Question : (TCO A) The variable portion of advertising co..
Score 144/150 Multiple Choice 10 Essay 4 1. (TCO A) Direct material cost is a part of (Points : 6) Conversion Cost NO.... Prime Cost NO. Conversion Cost YES......
Set 2 1. (TCO C) Madlem, Inc., produces and sells a single product whose selling price is $120.00 per unit and whose variable expense is $46.20 per unit. The company's fixed expense is $405,900 per month. Required: Determine the monthly breakeven in either unit or to..
Score 248/250 Multiple Choice 2 Short 2 Essay 7 Question 1 : (TCO E) Designing a new product is a(n) 2. Question : (TCO G) Given the following data, what would ROI be? Sales $70,000 Net operating income $10,000 Contribution margi..
Score 248/250 Multiple Choice 2 Short 2 Essay 7 Question 1 : (TCO E) Designing a new product is a(n) 2. Question : (TCO G) Given the following data, what would ROI be? Sales $70,000 Net operating income $10,000 Contributi..
Multiple Choice 3 Short 5 Question 1. Question : (TCO D) R..
Essay 4 Multiple Choice 6 Question 1. Question : (TCO B) Assume there is no beginning work in process inventory and the ending work in process inventory is 100% complete with respect to materials costs. The..
CASE 4–20 Ethics and the Manager, Understanding the Impact of Percentage Completion on Profit—Weighted-Average Method [Course Objective B] Gary Stevens and Mary James are production managers in the Consumer Electronics Division of General Electronics Company, which has several dozen plants sc..
This Tutorial contains 6 Sets of Midterm Exam 1. (TCO A) Direct material cost is a part of (Points : 6) Conversion Cost NO.... Prime Cost NO. Conversion Cost YES.... Prime Cost NO. &nbs..
ACCT505 – Managerial Accounting Team Case Study 3 – Week 6 Balanced Scorecard Case (Course Objective G) Many companies are using the Balanced Scorecard System to assist in their performance management. According to Garrison, Noreen, and Brewer (2015) a balanced scorecard “co..
CASE 3–29 Ethics and the Manager [Course Objective B] Terri Ronsin had recently been transferred to the Home Security Systems Division of National Home Products. Shortly after taking over her new position as divisional controller, she was asked to develop the division’s predetermined overhead rat..